It's that time of the year again that loved ones gather together to celebrate the holidays. In Boston, there is a wealth of things to do when enjoying the winter break with friends and family. Our agents at The Charles Realty have come up with of fun Boston activities to do over break, take a look at the list:
Ice Skating: There are numerous outdoor ice skating rink in Boston, and most places have incredible views of the city making the experience even more special.
- Frog Pond in the Boston Commons
- Prudential Center Rink
- Charles Hotel Skating Rink
- Faneuil Hall
- Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation
- Kendall Square
- Kelly Skating Rink
- Jack Kirrane Ice Skating Rink at Larz Anderson Park
Visit a Museum and/or the Aquarium: Boston one of the most cultured and historically rich cities in America. From full size fish tanks to larger-than-life installations, Boston has it all:
- New England Aquarium
- Boston Children's Museum
- Boston Museum of Science
- Boston Museum of Fine Art
- The Institution of Contemporary Art
- The Mapparium
Go Sledding: Provided there's enough snow during break, sledding is fun winter break activity for everyone. From golf courses to parks there are a vast array of hills for sledding in Boston.
- Flagstaff Hill on Boston Common (near the baseball diamond)
- The Bowl in Boston next to Jamaica Pond
- Larz Anderson Park in Brookline
- Weld Hill at Arnold Arboretum, corner of Walter and South streets in Roslindale
- Cory Hill Park in Brookline
- Dorchester Park off Adams Street in Dorchester
- Spy Pond Park in Arlington
First Night Boston: A perfect way to celebrate New Year's is spending it at First Night Boston, where the festivities begin at 10 A.M. on New Year's Eve and ends with an unforgettable firework show at the stroke of midnight. First Night Boston features various activities for all ages including: family festivals, evening performances, outdoor events, and cultural/museum institution shows.
For more information on things to do over break in Boston, feel free to message our Rental Agents directly at our new rentals Facebook page, Newbury Rentals or check out our site!