The bathroom is obviously not the most exciting room in the house, but it is most likely the room that gets the most use in your home. The thing about bathrooms is that they're not all that much fun to remodel and they're often neglected. No one wants to show off their bathroom. Regardless of how dull a bathroom may be, sometimes you just need to forget about remodeling the living room for the third time, and take the time to remodel the bathroom. Here are some tips and thoughts on how to update your bathroom!
1. If it's the master bath don't be afraid to use luxurious fabrics and designs. Right now going over-the-top with the master bedroom and bath is completely acceptable and often expected, so don't hesitate and go all out. Get that marble sink you were eying and don't worry about the silks and velvets, because why not go all out?
2. If you don't want to completely remodel the bathroom, or if you are still fairly happy with your bathtub, toilet, and sink, you might want to think about just refinishing them. It's a lot cheaper and will give your bathroom the facelift it needs to appear fresh and new.
3. A quick fix to give your bathroom a much more modern look is a change in all the fixtures. Change door knobs, handles, and drawer pulls to suddenly give your bathroom a new look. You could give your bathroom a whole new accent color or theme just by choosing some new fixtures. Just a screw driver and some screws and you'll be all set to go!
4. Change up the light fixtures. It's another quick fix that can make all the difference in your bathroom. The style of lights change the aesthetics of the bathroom's design and the lighting can brighten up the space, literally. You'll be amazed how much larger you can make a room feel with the right lighting.
5. Right now there are all sorts of different sleek and modern shower designs out there and they're great and actually more efficient and stylish than your typical showers and tubs. Stray away from tradition and update your bathroom with one of these sleek new showers. When you consider the fact that showers take up a large percentage of the space in the bathroom, updating your shower might be all you need to do to revive a dull bathroom from the 80's or 90's.
If you have any other ideas or things you've tried feel free to share with us, we'd love to get some more tips too!