Time for a fresh start in a new year! The best way to get a fresh start is with a clean house, here are a few tips on maintaining a clean house in 2013:
1. Labeling can never hurt matters. Labeling drawers, and containers is a quick reminder that you shouldn't just toss random clutter on the nearest shelf. You'll feel like you have to follow the system you've set for yourself, an easy way to change our habits!
2. Close off storage spaces with curtains. For a very reasonable price you can purchase or make a curtain along with a curtain rod, and quickly you will have a designated corner or nook for storage, separated from everything else.
3. For those in an apartment that are afraid of damaging walls, buying hercules hooks and mounting them can create a whole other option for storage. Hang up scarves in your bedroom, coats by the door, and towels in the bathroom with hercules hooks.
4. A caddy that hangs on your doorknob can be great for cleaning supplies, or bath supplies. It keeps everything out of the way, but in an easy-to-access location.
5. Bins, pegs, and hooks should be placed near entry ways for hats, gloves, scarves, coats and boots. In the winter it can be very easy for an entryway to get messy, but putting a few storage units into place will quickly change that!
We hope these few basic and simple changes will make life a little easier and neater in the coming year! HAPPY NEW YEARS!